Monday, February 28, 2011

Giddy Up

Lusaka, Gymkana - in the 90s
So again, moving back to Manila was very different. The only horses I saw were the kalesas or the skinny ones in Tagaytay. Though the horses in Subic were fit for real riding but it was too far. For some reason, I came across this horse stable in Quezon City on the internet. Been wanting to check the place but never really went until last month and I've been there every Saturdays riding around the arena for the past 4 weeks.

Today I took the day off because my son is sick. After putting him to sleep/nap late afternoon, I tried my luck in getting a schedule with the trainer, though very short notice. A multi-tasker that I am, I was able to sneak out for an hour and a half, while the yaya watched him. I had my first formal lesson with Violet de Leon. I can't believe I'm back in the saddle, pursuing what I thought would never be possible again after moving back here - where the only place I knew they had horses was Makati Manila Polo Club. I didn't know anyone who rode. So you can imagine how thrilled I was to have discovered Pook Ligaya stables. 


However, it kinda made me feel weird being the only adult there taking one-on-one lessons while the next class was a group of kids. But you know, it doesn't really matter how old I am compared to the kids. I am pursuing what I've always wanted to do. It feels great despite my age. If I had a bucket list, this would definitely be in it. Again, it's never too late :o)



Oh, and guess what? Mark Gil was also there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...