Friday, July 12, 2013

The mornings after...

After working for a total of 13 years (11 straight years with my recent ex-company), my mornings have completely changed. Now that I have plenty of time on my hands (especially for myself) and can do what I love, but couldn't while working, first thing on my list is to spend more time at the stables. I think only a horsey person will understand the joy & happiness of just being around horses, the smell of them and leather of the saddles, the sight of stables, bullring, hay, tack room....etc. Aside from the days I go riding, I am at the stables four times a week just spending time there. It's not just about riding a horse but learning to take care of them, proper way of handling and safety, understand their temperaments, learning from the grooms and the best teacher is experience by being hands on. Better horsemanship :o)


Learning to lunge with Romeo. This was a bit tough. Controlling the horse from the ground and have him trot and canter in circles wasn't that easy. For one thing, you don't have that much control unlike when you're on the horse. They can easily drag you if you're not careful. Another thing, at the end of the exercise I was pretty dizzy.
Alright. Time to go the other way.

Unlike with My Little Pony toys, you only need one brush for the mane. In reality, you need at least 4. Different parts of the horse requires different brushes at different stages. Brushing and cleaning one horse (includes cleaning their nostrils, ears, eyes and hooves) is a 30 min work out! This is the third horse I brushed that morning. 

From the corporate world to a stable girl. This is a dream and I'm lovin' every minute!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...