Friday, July 19, 2013

Cooking: 1

Since this is my online journal and write about anything under the sun, I will try to include some of the meals I have been preparing for my boys. I love to cook...as much as I love to eat. However, I'm not much of a veggie person, nor do I enjoy fruits and fish - which hubby loves. I'm an unhealthy eater and can live on fast food for the rest of my life. That bad. But, I am doing my best to include all the healthy stuff and be a good example to Matt. So to accomplish this, I am ensuring that every meal on the table includes vegetables and fruits.

Lunch:

  • Crispy tokwa (tofu). Dip made of soy sauce, vinegar, fresh garlic and onions
  • Fried tilapia
  • Pork binagoongan with gata


I normally add chives to almost everything. Aside from the taste, it adds color to the dish.

I should get a better camera or take a better picture. The food was really yummy (and not just because I did the cooking) but the picture did not do justice.

Again, I'm not much of a fruit person, either. So instead, I make them into shakes and just add a lot of ice and I get my daily dose of fruits. Melon is my favorite but my boys prefer the mango and banana shake. If you're like me, this is the best way of including fruits in your diet and much tastier, too.

More cooking experiments to come :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...