Friday, July 1, 2011

Fur Ball Consequence

i still can't believe i ended up in the emergency room at medical city over a tiny bite from vodka. oh yeah, sorry i haven't been able to introduce the characters i write about as i originally thought my blog would be a personal journal...online. vodka is our cat :o)

setting aside his biting habits, he's actually very sweet and affectionate
so this is what happened...i've neglected my fat fur ball for quite some time and wanted to make up for it by spending "quality" time. he loves being brushed and needed it badly as i could see knots in his fur. brush brush brush...brushhhh. when i managed to untangle the fur balls, i got up to do something else. he followed and clung to my ankle, like he was pleading me to continue brushing him. then he nipped my leg but when i checked, the nip punctured my skin and there was a tiny red dot...it bled. since i had the flu, i wasn't sure if what i was feeling was due to the flu or the effect of the bite. to cut a long story short, i ended up in the ER and needed 8 shots! i didn't think it would be that serious. i was scared to death and begged the nurse to sedate me.

the nurse preparing the needles...gawd!!! my heart was beating so fast i thought i'd have a heart attack!
skin test prior to the tetanus shot...super painful!
i seriously wanted to run away after the first 4 shots. but how do we go out looking like this?

seriously trying not to cry :o(
the remaining shots were on each cheek of my butt and on the bite itself. it was a nightmare! getting injected was bad enough but to have 8....i wanted to cry like a baby!

i'm seriously going to file vodka's sharp teeth....NOT! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you're doing better now, Mama Jen... I never ever look at the needles while it's being prepared, or while their actually injecting whatever into me. That's my attempt at being brave. But... 8 shots?! Wow...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...