Saturday, March 26, 2011

Moving Up 2011



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Their names were being called out for their certificates
  It was Matt's kinder graduation. He looked forward to this day because it meant the start of summer vacation. Yey! Not only that, he was excited to perform since he's been rehearsing his dance to Katy Perry's Fireworks. I was so proud of him, especially when they did the Chinese number. His Chinese is pretty good and I hope he can continue learning the language. 

Performing their Chinese number
At the end of the closing speech, it was picture taking time. He was so happy to have his picture taken with his "girlfriend", Sofia. Such a pretty girl and very sweet. We asked Matt what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said he wanted to be a pilot. He's been wanting to be a priest for the longest time so we were surprised. We asked him why. He said he can't have a girlfriend if he becomes a priest. So funny!
With Sofia, Justin, Theo and Renz
The kids were so cute having their pictures taken together. I was sad for Matt. I actually felt it was my own graduation. High school graduation was very sad for me. I left within two weeks after. Leaving my friends (who I knew since grade 2) was tough. 
We were in Grade 3
A week before graduation. Still the same tyre on top

And the same feelings washed over me when the kids grouped together with their friends. Next school year, Matt and his friends will be in prep. So most will be moving to other schools in preparation for Grade 1 - better transition. Silly as it may sound but I was getting teary eyed when they were all hugging each other and bidding their goodbyes. Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...