Monday, May 13, 2013

Staycation (in the hospital) on Mother's Day

We didn't spend the long weekend, as planned. We've been planning an out of town trip with family for a month, already, and bought some last minute stuff 2 nights before the trip. But...not all goes as planned.

Thursday night, Dennis called in the middle of the night to tell me he was in the ER at The Medical City. He wasn't feeling well and the right side of his lower quadrant was very painful. He said he would call me again after he got the results. At 2am, he calls telling me that he might need to have a surgery. Oh man, that sounded bad. Quickly dressed and got all my stuff, even my stuff for work but didn't think of packing any clothes. I thought we'd be home after his CT scan. I won't go into details but we ended up spending the long weekend in the hospital.

I love TMC! It doesn't feel like a hospital at all and more of a hotel. Customer service is superb! The rooms are very clean, but still have that hospital smell. The food looks and tastes good. Someone from their kitchen customer service comes up to the room to ask you what you would like to eat (depending on what you're allowed during your condition) and any preference. How cool is that?! I don't eat hospital food but in TMC, I had no problem finishing off Den's left overs. We didn't have a hard time with food. They offer room service and tons of restaurants nearby, which Matt and I enjoyed during our night strolls.

The room that we got was pretty big. The sofa bed was long and spacious for me and Matt. I slept on one end and he slept on the other end. There was wi-fi to keep us entertained.  Unlike other hospitals I know, you need to bring your own broadband stick and there's additional cost if you use the power outlet to charge your phone etc. Tsk tsk. It was pretty fun despite no sleep and being worried sick about Dennis.

I didn't mind spending Mother's Day in the hospital. What's important is we were together as a family. Despite Dens' condition, he managed to surprise me by having flowers delivered to the room. Such a sweetheart!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day celebration, like I did :o)

Staycation in the hospital. Matt chillin' in the background.
Awww! Trying to comfort his daddy after the nurse injected the antibiotics in his IV. 


Date with my lil' man the night before Mother's Day (snuck out while Dennis was asleep)
Late shot of the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...