Thursday, May 2, 2013

She believed she could, so she did

After emotionally, pounding hard on the keyspads of my Mac, releasing all my frustrations and self-pity, a dark cloud looming overhead for the past few days...feeling totally rotten and awful, I came across this quote on Facebook...

"She believed she could, so she did."

I absolutely love it and what perfect timing to cheer me up! Just what I needed to believe and to lift me up from a pit I was in for a couple of weeks. My supposed post about how lousy I've been feeling and the reason why...blah blah...has just been deleted :o)

*Image from Pinterest
Aside from pursuing my dream of one day becoming a competitive rider, I have also been busy learning French, again. It was subject we had to take from Primary school until end of Secondary (High School). My parents took it to another level by making me take extra lessons after school. I had a French teacher, from Zaire, who would come to our house 3 times a week for 2 hours. I still remember those lessons because it focused more on conversation. I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity.

I have thought about enrolling at Alliance Francaise  but just couldn't bear driving to Makati from QC or Mandaluyong, where my office is. Who would have thought I'd meet someone from Zaire at work (from another account) in the pantry who was willing to teach? We definitely meet people for a reason. I've been very lucky. By the way, since French is very rare in the Philippines, this guy earns a lot and his "talent" is in demand. I can imagine his rate. Anyway, that's not the reason why I'm learning again. I just need to be able to talk to someone and brush up (major brushing up!) on my French before it's totally gone. Nearly forgot everything I knew but I was pretty surprised that I could still manage to carry short and simple conversations. I'm feeling chuffed with myself :o) So one day, I can do something or go somewhere that will put my French into use. 

Again, it's never too late.

*Image from Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...