Tuesday, August 16, 2011

jump club 2011

so when my instructor, violet de leon, called me up and asked if i wanted to join the jump club scheduled on the same day as the seminar, i'm like "sure!" but at the back of my mind i was wondering if she was sure if it's something i could already do. i mean, my jumping still needs a ton of work - challenged with keeping my balance, recovering from a jump, landing on the correct lead, changing leads, not losing my right foot from the stirrups, i bounce too much, i throw myself too forward when i should just pivot...and the list goes on. well, if she feels i can do it, then i guess i can? hahaha! doubtful :o)

it was my first time to see an indoor arena or bullring. i've been used to the open ring at pook and also in showgrounds in lusaka. from an empty ground with just poles and wings to putting up 9 jumps. in my eyes, it was impressive. admittedly when mikee came, both dennis and i were starstruck. can you blame us? afterall, when people think of equestrianism, by default people know mikee.

trojan, the horse i was riding, just had this adrenaline rush! she cantered faster than normal (reminded me of neo) and was more powerful than her usual self. she definitely loves competition or show jumping. i had to hang on to dear life when i lost my right leg from the stirrup and also lost my right reins. what a mess :o(  nevertheless, i survived and had a wonderful time. indeed an experience. so here are the pictures...

the schedule and supposed jump course

setting it up

mikee very hands on

going over the sequence with v


hmmm...almost but not yet done

cross-barr category. dennis wasn't able to take pics of the next category since he was capturing it on video

re-cap of how i did



my instructor in action. amazing!


done for the day :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...