Saturday, May 28, 2011

Giddy Up Part Deux

the first and last time i posted on my riding was 3 months ago and i must say i have made progress. i am very pleased that there's hope in teaching someone in their mid 30s :o)

meet neo. he has been my patient partner from day 1.

didn't get the name of this horse but i love his color

though, it hasn't been easy. it takes time, patience, a lot determination and most of all, practice. i have the dermination and would always make a conscious effort in ensuring that whatever my misses or "errors" were, i should be able to correct it and not have my trainer remind me. however, i don't have the luxury of time to practice as much as i'd like. so, no matter how determined i am, i lack time to practice.

Riding for Sykes :o)
 so going back to my progress, i have started jumping. though the jumps are low, the entire process is not as easy as it looks. quoting my trainer, violet, "going over the jump is easy but the flatwork is the most important."

here's the last video taken by my hubby. i've been having problems uploading it so i'm not sure if it will successful.





hopefully in my next giddy up post, my flatwork is much better and i'm completing a jump course. wish me luck!

5 comments:

  1. Hello! If you don't mind, may I know how much riding lessons at Pook Ligaya Stables cost? I am not very young anymore but I still want to take riding lessons (I loved horses since I was small!) :D And from what I read in your blog, I think Pook Ligaya will be a great place to take these lessons. May I also get the contact numbers of Pook Ligaya (preferably cellphone)? THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're never too old to do what you've always wanted to do:o)

    you can contact sir totti de leon. his phone number is 0929-3535766.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello super mom

    im visiting the Philippines in 2 weeks. my daughter LOVES horse riding. she has been taking lessons here in singapore, but she also wants to ride in manila during our visit. will we be able to do so at pook ligaya riding stables? what is the cost like? and are there any restaurants or food centres close by? please let me know...and godbless!

    my email add: van.digiline@gmail.com

    vanitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jv.

    yes, your daughter can ride at pook ligaya riding stables. you can "walk in" or call the owner. pleasure riding is P600 for 1 hour. you can tell the owner that i referred you. my name is jenny :)

    for more info, pls click on this link:

    http://iamasupermommy.blogspot.com/2011/11/pook-ligaya-riding-stables.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. i forgot to mention, yes, there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, etc nearby.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...