Monday, September 2, 2013

Sunday picnic

The weather this morning, till past noonish, was lovely and a fun day to have a picnic. I would have loved to prepare some salad, sandwiches and include dessert, but supplies in the fridge need to be replenished (will need to do the groceries today). Nevertheless, why waste a good day? It's been raining the past weekends so it was great to have the sun out with the grounds dry.
 
I miss being able to spend the weekend outdoors, instead of the malls, for a change. When my siblings and I were kids, our folks would always take us to Luneta Park. When we moved to Lusaka, I remember potluck picnics at Munda Wanga Park and at the grounds of UNZA with the Pinoy community (FilZams).Good times.

So, quickly packed the portable speaker (music is a must!), chips, drinks, and bought Mcdo on the way. We had all that we needed.

Oh, and an hour after we left, it rained. Lucky and grateful to have spent a few hours of the day outdoors. I hope you all had a wonderful Sunday :o)
 




 


Mine are the red ones. Obviously I lost. Boo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...