Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Summer's here!

The weather is definitely having PMS. Just last week, nights would be chilly, pour all morning causing so much traffic with all the rain, then come afternoon...it's scorching hot. What the hell is up with the weather? It's already summer and it only means one thing - going to the beach! We were lucky to get a room at La Luz. Normally, you have to book months ahead but weekends are already full, even Friday to Saturday. So instead we reserved a room from Sunday to Monday. Less traffic, too.

For those that used to follow my old blog, it's a known fact that it's a must that my family and I spend our summer at La Luz. It's been our summer retreat since 2006, after Matt was more than 6 months old. After my dad had a stroke (2 years ago), we haven't been there since. I think being able to go there now, without my folks, is a good sign that I've moved on from being sad, bitter and depressed with my dad's condition. Life just is. But hey, life's good no matter what :o)

So...we got to La Luz in less than 3 hrs just in time for lunch. I wasn't too happy with the food they served for lunch. Was my expectation too high? Well, it's based from the last visit..erhm. But the rest of the meals (merienda, dinner and breakfast) made up for it. Hehehe! I'm so easy to please.

Indeed, it is summer! When it was too hot to swim, we lazed under the cabana - Matt either playing the Ipad or under the shade playing on the sand, Dennis taking pictures and me, catching up on my reading. We were so relaxed, doing our own thing.

Matt is not even on his summer break, yet, and this is just the start. So what are your summer plans?











2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...